An Overview of Credit Card Rolls
Credit card rolls are widely used by retail stores, restaurants, ticket industries and any other commercial establishments that accept payment with credit card. Businesses get a lot of benefits by using credit card paper rolls in printing receipts rather than using ordinary paper. Before explaining how to change and replace the credit card rolls in your point-of-sale machine, it is important to examine the benefits of using credit card rolls.
Benefits of Using Credit Card Rolls
Using the credit card rolls is a veritable means of giving value to your time and those of your clients. Before the introduction of credit card paper rolls and printers, consumers had to wait for the salespersons to prepare their receipts. Writing receipts for many consumers at the same time took a lot of time and delayed people. But with the introduction of point-of-sale printers and credit card paper rolls, the problem is no longer there. The consumers will get their receipts as soon as they finish their transaction with a salesperson. After making payment with your credit card, the point-of-sale machine will immediately print out the receipt giving the details of your transaction and the total amount paid. This saves a lot of time for both the salesperson and the consumers. It reduces the work of the salesperson.
Credit paper receipt also has a superior printing that can last for many years depending on the quality of the credit card paper roll and the printing method used. Quality and very legible printing is another benefit of making receipts with credit card paper.
How to Change the Credit Card Rolls
Many salespersons may find it difficult changing the credit card paper roll when they exhaust the old one they are using. If you have a point-of-sale machine that uses credit card rolls for printing, you should try to learn how to replace it. Your customers will not be happy if you delay in giving them receipts because your credit card rolls finish and you are not able to replace them immediately and quickly.
Replacing your credit card roll is not a difficult task at all. You can learn how to do it easily. Below are some steps to follow in order to replace credit card rolls.
- Make sure that you have extra rolls of credit card paper available so that you will not have any reason not to put a new one once the old one finishes.
- Remove the strip of the tape used in keeping the paper rolls from unraveling. Unroll about an inch of the paper.
- Locate the load paper button on your credit card machine and then press on it in order to open it. Remove the old empty card roll and replace it with the new roll in the space provided while holding the one inch you unrolled before.
- Fix the tab into the roller. Feeding the tab into the roller is done in similar as when a dollar bill is put into a money machine.
- Now press the credit card roll feed button for the credit card roll to be pulled in by the machine. You are done. Close your machine and start printing receipt with it.